(This blog uses cookies, by continuing to browse the blog you are consenting to the use of cookies.)

Meet Emma



A big, slightly over-excited, hello, wave and welcome. I'm genuinely happy you're here.

My name is Emma and I love drawing, painting and writing.

I also have a passion for learning how to make life beautiful. How to fill my days with glitter and light.  

Here's what I believe...

I believe in the power of dreams and imagination to change our lives.

I believe that creativity opens our hearts and heals our hurts.

I believe in the messiness of life and the beauty of it all.

I believe in Love.

I believe in angels and their quiet words across our hearts.

I believe it’s possible to have a life filled with beauty and light even when it doesn’t look exactly how we expected it to look.

Here's a bit about why...

Everything Changes.

After building a career as a teacher and lecturer, and having a huge life-long love affair with ballet and dance, I was diagnosed with M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) also sometimes referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Life changed. I was forced to stop. Step back. Look inwards.

I was faced with having to learn how to live a different kind of life.

It was painful and, for a while, I fought the changes.

Coming face-to-face with myself was challenging. But, feeling afraid and alone, I realised something very important.

It's in our deepest vulnerability that our deepest beauty lies.


I decided to embrace my vulnerability, be gentle with myself. I started living life in the moment. Finding beauty in the every-day. And joy in the small, quiet places I hadn't previously looked.

I began to set myself gentle, affirming, creative challenges, so that my life would be about creating light and beauty, rather than being defined by living with an illness.

Over time, these creative tasks have become a way for me to express what's in my heart. Something I used to do through dance, but that I now do through drawing and painting.

And my perception has changed. When I got quiet, and stepped nervously into the silent, peaceful place inside myself...

... I found something much bigger than me.

Thank you for being here. 

I hope that you find something here at Mimi and Tilly that gives you some joy, and makes you smile.



No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Professional Blog Designs by pipdig